|Welcome to the 2018 - 2019 School Year|
This website is designed to give students an experience that is more closely connected to their world.
Students will be able to participate in online forums set up to replicate classroom discussions. These forums will allow students to weigh in on current events and express their opinions about the issues and topics that are presented in class. These forums will also enable students to listen, speak and to think critically about the insights and opinions expressed by their classmates. The questions and topics of discussion will be designed to help students continue their work from class, and get them ready for English and history the following day.
Students will be able to create and upload videos and other visual projects to show their understanding of the class curriculum.
- Students will use showing detail in their writing, emulating in part the style of the authors read in class.
- Students will be able to express opinions and ideas in a clear, organized and coherent essay.
- Students will use their knowledge of word origins and relationships as well as context clues to determine the meaning of grade-level appropriate words.
- Students will deliver focused presentations that convey ideas clearly and relate to the background and interest of the audience.
- Students will develop research skills and a sense of historical empathy.
- Students will recognize the sanctity of life and the dignity of the individual.
- Students will see the connection between the values and ideas that people hold and the ethical consequences of those beliefs.
- Students will understand the importance of social participation in a democratic society.